East Slopes Northern Cascades
Fire Weather Watch:
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening for thunderstorms for the north Cascades...Okanogan Highlands...northeast Washington and the northern Idaho Panhandle... The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a Fire Weather Watch for thunderstorms...which is in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
- Affected area: fire weather zone 101 northern and central Idaho Panhandle (zone 101)...fire weather zone 685 East Washington north Cascades (zone 685)...fire weather zone 686 East Washington northeast (zone 686) and fire weather zone 687 East Washington Okanogan Highlands (zone 687).
- Thunderstorms: storms will develop over the mountains near the Canadian border midday Tuesday and then move to the south during the afternoon...into the northern basin by late afternoon.
- Outflow winds: gusty winds are possible with these storms.
- Impacts: lightning in combination with dry fuels could result in additional wild fire starts. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.