East Slopes Northern Cascades
Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 5:09 am PST on November 21, 2014, expires at: 6:00 AM PST on November 22, 2014
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from noon today to 6 am PST Saturday...
- locations...Leavenworth...Mazama...Twisp...Winthrop... Stehekin...Conconully...Blewett Pass...Loup Loup pass.
- Snow level...valley floors...except rising to 2500 feet late this evening south of Lake Chelan.
- Snow accumulations...4 to 9 inches in the valleys north of Lake Chelan. 3 to 6 inches in valleys south of Lake Chelan. 10 to 20 inches in the mountains and near pass levels.
- Timing...snow will begin late this morning and intensify late this afternoon and evening. Steady snow will taper of to snow showers mainly near the crest late tonight.
- Impacts...heavy snow accumulations will make travel difficult or impossible over area roads. Travelers heading over the passes at the Cascade crest will certainly encounter heavy snow.
- Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit http://www.Wrh.NOAA.Gov/wrh/whv/?Wfo=otx. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means significant amounts of snow are expected or occurring. Snow accumulations will make travel very hazardous or impossible.