Upper Columbia Basin
Fire Weather Warning:
- ...Red flag warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 PM PDT this evening for wind and low relative humidity for fwz676 (kittitas and Yakima valleys)...fwz677 (wenatchee and Chelan areas)...west portion of fwz673 (columbia basin west of Moses lake)... The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a red flag warning for wind and low relative humidity...which is in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 PM PDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- Affected area: fire weather zone 673 East Washington northern Columbia Basin (zone 673)...fire weather zone 676 East Washington south central Cascade valleys (zone 676) and fire weather zone 677 East Washington central Cascade valleys (zone 677).
- Winds: west 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph.
- Relative humidities: falling to between 13 to 20 percent mid afternoon into the early evening.
- Impacts: very dry and breezy conditions will lead to the rapid spread of any new fire starts. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire growth potential.