Fire Weather Warning:
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM PDT this evening for wind and low relative humidity for wind and low relative humidity...
- affected area: fire weather zone 673 East Washington northern Columbia Basin (zone 673)...fire weather zone 674 East Washington Palouse and Spokane area (zone 674)...fire weather zone 677 East Washington central Cascade valleys (zone 677)... fire weather zone 684 East Washington Okanogan/Methow valleys (zone 684)...fire weather zone 686 East Washington northeast (zone 686) and fire weather zone 687 East Washington Okanogan Highlands (zone 687).
- Winds: southwest 13 to 18 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Temperatures: upper 80s to lower 90s.
- Relative humidities: 13 to 20 percent.
- Impacts: breezy winds and low humidity will result in the potential for rapid growth on existing fires or any new ignitions. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire growth potential.