East Slopes Northern Cascades
Flash Flood Watch:
- ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from 1 PM PDT this afternoon through this evening... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- a portion of north central Washington...including the following east slopes ...northern Cascades.
- From 1 PM PDT this afternoon through this evening
- thunderstorms will develop this afternoon across the east slopes of the Cascades. These storms will slowly move to the west. Very heavy rain will occur with these storms. Some storms will put down a large amount of rain in a small period of time. This will raise the concern of flash flooding.
- The potential exists for these storms to develop over the 2014 burn scars...Carlton complex...Mills Canyon and Chiwaukum complex. However given the westerly trajectory...the strongest storms are anticipated along the crest of the Cascades. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.