East Slopes Northern Cascades
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:13 PM PST on December 19, 2014, expires at: 11:00 PM PST on December 20, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 am to 11 PM PST Saturday... The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 4 am to 11 PM PST Saturday.
- Locations...Leavenworth...Mazama...Twisp...Winthrop... Stehekin...Conconully...Blewett Pass...Loup Loup pass.
- Snow accumulations...4 to 9 inches of snow in the valleys and in the mountains 8 to 16 inches. Locally heavier amounts are expected near the crest north of Lake Chelan.
- Timing...the snow will begin to fall by early Saturday morning and continue at times through Saturday night. The snow will begin to taper off late Saturday night...however additional snow showers are still expected over the higher mountains through most of Sunday.
- Impacts...the snow will result in potentially hazardous travel conditions. This will impact most of the mountains passes...including Highway 2 over Stevens Pass as well Blewett Pass.
- Snow level...initially on the valley floors...but steadily rising to 4000 feet or higher south of Lake Chelan and up to 2500-3000 feet north of Lake Chelan.
- Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit http://www.Wrh.NOAA.Gov/wrh/whv/?Wfo=otx. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.