Areal Flood Advisory:
Issued at: 3:02 PM PDT on June 19, 2013, expires at: 2:45 PM PDT on June 20, 2013
- The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a
- small stream Flood Advisory for heavy rain in... Pend Oreille County in northeast Washington... this includes the city of Metaline Falls... Bonner County in the Panhandle of Idaho... this includes the cities of...Sandpoint...Priest River... Boundary County in the Panhandle of Idaho... this includes the city of Bonners Ferry... Shoshone County in the Panhandle of Idaho... this includes the cities of...Wallace...Pinehurst...Osburn... Kellogg...
- until 245 PM PDT Thursday
- light to moderate rain will persist tonight into Thursday over the Bonners Ferry...Sandpoint...Metaline Falls...Kellogg...and Deary areas. An additional half inch to inch of rain is expected to fall tonight into Thursday. The most significant rain rates will likely occur late this evening into Thursday morning.
- Potential impacts...small streams and creeks that have been running low the last few weeks will experience significant rises. The potential will increase for mud and rock slides tonight through Thursday as soils become increasingly saturated. Steep slopes are most prone to mud and rock slides. Precautionary/preparedness actions... In hilly terrain there are hundreds of low water crossings which are potentially dangerous during periods of run-off caused by excessive rain. Do not attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes. It takes only a few inches of swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles away. Campers should not set up Camp along creeks and streams. Rapid rises may threaten your campsite very quickly. To report flooding...have the nearest law enforcement agency relay your report to the National Weather Service forecast office. Lat...Lon 4694 11633 4789 11632 4789 11650 4799 11651 4798 11705 4805 11743 4814 11750 4865 11750 4866 11763 4874 11763 4901 11742 4900 11605 4798 11605 4770 11573 4755 11576 4748 11563 4742 11572 4726 11532 4694 11497 4693 11497 Gkoch