Lower Hells Canyon/Salmon River Region
Areal Flood Watch:
Issued at: 1:30 PM PDT on March 9, 2014/, expires at: 5:00 AM PDT on March 11, 2014
- ...Flood Watch remains in effect through late Monday night... The Flood Watch continues for
- a portion of north central Idaho...including the following counties...Clearwater and Idaho.
- Through late Monday night
- a second surge of Pacific moisture will bring excessive moisture with the possibility of moderate to heavy rain later tonight through Monday. The heavy rain combined with snow melt may lead to possible flooding. A few rivers in Idaho and Clearwater counties will also be dealing with ice jam issues.
- Small streams and creeks throughout Clearwater and Idaho counties may reach flood levels over the next two days. Mudslides are also possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts. You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.