East Slopes Northern Cascades
Issued at: 9:25 am PDT on May 22, 2013, expires at: 12:57 PM PDT on May 29, 2013
- The National Weather Service in Spokane, WA has issued a
- Flood Watch for the Okanogan river near Tonasket
- from Thursday afternoon to Wednesday may 29.
- At 8:15 am Wednesday the stage was 13.9 feet.
- Minor flooding is possible.
- Flood stage is 15.00 feet.
- Forecast...flood stage may be reached by early Thursday afternoon. Lat...Lon 4895 11945 4893 11932 4825 11951 4832 11968 4895 11945
- at 18.0 feet...major flooding of surrounding cropland is likely. Some homes and buildings adjacent to the river will experience some basement and first floor flooding.
- At 17.5 feet...water will be behind the levee due to seepage, flooding the motocross track downstream of the city of Okanogan.
- At 17.0 feet...low lying fields and pasture land in the flood plain along the Okanogan River Valley, from Oroville to Okanogan, will be flooded.
- At 15.0 feet...minor flooding of low-lying areas is likely between Oroville and Tonasket.